TONGOL, Bernard John V.
|June 31, 2016||Tongol 414th top Philippine scientist in June 2016 Webometrics citation ranking|
|September 30, 2015||Tongol’s fuel cell research makes UST DOST’s National Fuel Cell Testing Center|
Assoc. Prof. Bernard John V. Tongol, PhD
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
- Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering, major in Applied Chemistry, Tohoku University – Japan, 2007
- Master of Science in Chemistry, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2001
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1998
- Synthesis, characterization, and performance evaluation of anode and cathode materials for direct ethanol fuel cell
- In situ electrochemical scanning tunnelling microscopy (EC-STM) studies on the molecular adsorption and electropolymerization of thiophene derivatives on single crystal electrodes
- Electrochemical surface science
- Electrocatalysis and fuel cells
- Materials science and nanotechnology
- Outstanding Young Scientist of the Philippines in the field of Engineering (Applied Chemistry), National Academy of Science and Technology, 2012
- Country Winner, Green Award 2013, Malaysia-China Chamber of Commerce – ASEAN Academy of Engineering and Technology (MCCC-AAET)
- Project Leader, “Nanostructured Electrocatalyst Composites for Direct Ethanol Fuel Cell: Preparation, Characterization, and Performance Evaluation,” Funding Agency: Philippine Council for Industry, Energy, and Emerging Technology Research and Development – Department of Science and Technology (PCIEERD-DOST)
- Member, International Society of Electrochemistry (Switzerland)
- Member, Materials Science and Nanotechnology Group, Accelerated Science and Technology Human Resource and Development Program (ASTHRDP), National Science Consortium (NSC), Department of Science and Technology – Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI)
- Reviewer, Journal of Physical Chemistry (American Chemical Society); Langmuir (American Chemical Society); Electrochimica Acta (Elsevier, Netherlands); Nanotechnology (Institute of Physics, UK), Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society (Wiley-VCH, Germany & Taiwan), KIMIKA (Chemical Society of the Philippines), ACTA Manilana (UST)
- JL Tan, PG Villar, A de Jesus, BJV Tongol, 2014 “A Green Approach to the Synthesis of PdNi/Graphene via Electrochemical Exfoliation of Graphite from Used Battery for the Electrocatalysis of Ethanol,” Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society (Wiley-VCH) 61, 7: 774–777.
- JRF Foronda, SMR Cabrera, DL Cumpas, PGA Villar, JL Tan, BJV Tongol, 2013 “Preparation and Characterization of Pt Particles Dispersed on Reduced Graphene Oxide / Poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) (RGO/PEDOT) Composite Film as Anode Material for Direct Ethanol Fuel Cell Application,” Journal of Chemistry, vol. 2013, Article ID 501824, 1-7.
- HY Hsu, BJV Tongol, 2013 “Electrochemical and surface characteristics of carbon-supported PtSn electrocatalysts for ethanol electro-oxidation: possible application for inkjet ink formulations,” Advances in Natural Sciences: Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (Institute of Physics) 4, 015012.
- JL Garcia, BJV Tongol, SL Yau, 2012 “Dynamic Self-Assembly and Electropolymerization Processes of 3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene on Au(100) Single Crystal Electrode as Probed by In Situ Scanning Tunneling Microscopy” Electrochimica Acta (Elsevier) 71: 302 – 309.
- LDS Lapitan, Jr., B.J.V. Tongol, S.-L. Yau, 2012 “In-situ STM Imaging of Electropolymerized Poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) on Iodine-Modified Au(111) Single Crystal Electrode” Electrochimica Acta 62: 433-440.