SANTIAGO, Librado A.
|September 19, 2017||Santiago, L. joins UST, City University of New York, MSU-IIT to work on spider venom research|
Assoc. Prof. Librado A. Santiago, PhD
- Doctor of Philosophy, Okayama University Medical School – Okayama, Japan, 1995
- Master of Science, Gifu University – Gifu, Japan, 1990
- Bachelor of Science, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1981
- Discovery of a highly flocculating, thermophilic and osmotolerant Saccharomyces cereviseae from sugarcane molasses for commercial ethanol production
- Research and development of a commercially available functional food/supplement from Carica papaya L. (Solo variant), called “Bio-catalyzer™”.
- Cytotoxic and apoptotic activity of Ficus pseudoplama Blanco (Moraceae) against human prostate cancer and hepatocellular carcinoma cells
- Effect of Virgin Coconut Oil on Humans with Emphasis on Cholesterol
- Isolation, characterization and pharmaceutical assay of natural products
- Biomedical research (cancer, diabetes , neuroprotection, immunomodulation,) and free radical biology
- REDOX Medicine and Nutrition
- Fermentation studies (ethanol, lactic acid)
- Reviewer/Co-Chair – UST Graduate School Ethics Review Committee
- Reviewer/Chair – UST Faculty of Pharmacy School Ethics Review Committee
- Chair/Coordinator — Research Management Group of the UST Faculty of Pharmacy
- Member, Philippine Association for the Advancement of Science and Technology (from 1992)
- Member, National Research Council of the Philippines (2015-present)
- Member, Philippine Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (1982-present)
- Member, Oxygen Club of Asia (1993)
- Member, New York Academy of Sciences (1995)
- Member, Japan Biochemical Society (1988-1990)
- LA Santiago, PJO Pineda, MLG Gerona. 2016. Preliminary study on the acetylcholinesterase inhibitory activity of Ipomoea muricata (Linnaeus). International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 7(1): 108-114.
- LA Santiago L A, ABR Mayor. Mayor 2015. Antiproliferative and Apoptotic Effects of Ficus pseudopalma Blanco (Moraceae) Against Hepatocarcinoma (HepG2). Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 8(2): 257-261.
- LA Santiago, ABR Mayor. 2014. Lupeol: An Antioxidant Triterpene in Ficus pseudopalma Blanco (Moraceae). Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical. Biomedicine 4 (2): 109-118. Elsevier
- MC De Las Llagas, LA Santiago, JD Ramos. 2014. Antibacterial Activity of Crude Ethanolic Extract and Solvent Fractions of Ficus pseudopalma Blanco Leaves. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Diseases. 4 (5): 367-371. Elsevier
- LA Santiago, ABR Mayor. 2014. Prooxidant Effect of the Crude Ethanolic Leaf Extract of Ficus odorata Blanco Merr. In vitro: Its Medical Significance. International Journal of Biological, Life Sciences and Engineering. 8 (1): 19-26.
- MC De Las Llagas, LA Santiago, JD Ramos. 2014. Cytotoxicity and Apoptotic Activity of Ficus pseudopalma Blanco Leaf Extracts Against Human Prostate Cancer Cell Lines. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 13 (1): 93-100. Elsevier