SAGUT, Joel C.
|March 24, 2017||Sagut speaks on Rerum Novarum at Commerce Pope Leo XIII Lecture|
|November 21, 2016||Sagut speaks during CRSE’s inaugural Academic Discourse|
Asst. Prof. Joel C. Sagut, PhD
- Doctor of Philosophy in Philosophy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2015
- Master of Arts in Philosophy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2006
- Post-Baccalaureate Degree in Teacher’s Education, Polytechnic University of the Philippines – Manila, Philippines, 2006
- Master of Arts in Theology, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2004
- Bachelor of Sacred Theology, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2004
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, Philippine Dominican Center for Institutional Studies – Quezon City, Philippines, 2001
- Social / Moral Philosophy
- Catholic Social Thought / Philosophy of Religion
- Book Review Editor, Philippiniana Sacra
- Associate Editor, Boletin Eclesiastico de Filipinas
- Member, Philosophical Association of the Philippines
- SAGUT, Joel and Louie Coronel, OP. “Publications of Dominicans at the University of Santo Tomas: 1963-1971.” Philippiniana Sacra vol. 50, no. (2016): 297-328.
- SAGUT, Joel. “Human Good, Virtues and Practice: MacIntyre’s Account of a Thomistic-Aristotelian Practical Rationality,” Studia Elckie, vol. 17, no. 2 (2015): 98-117.
- SAGUT, Joel and Norberto Castillo, OP. “Alasdair MacIntyre on Thomism and the Status of Modern Moral Inquiry,” Philippiniana Sacra 50/149 (2015), 47-70.
- Castillo, Norberto, OP and SAGUT, Joel C. “MacIntyre on Liberalism: Where May the MacIntyrean Project Proceed?” Colloquia Manilana vol. 22 (2014), pp. 3-25.
- SAGUT, Joel. “On Responsibility and Empowerment: Critiquing the Logic of RH Law.” Philippiniana Sacra 49/148 (September – December 2014): 329-352.