RAMOS, John Donnie A.
|April 18, 2018||Ramos elected vice-president of Philippine biology teachers’ association|
|June 31, 2016||Ramos 171st top Philippine scientist in June 2016 Webometrics citation ranking|
Prof. John Donnie A. Ramos, PhD
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
- Doctor of Philosophy in Molecular Biology, National University of Singapore – Singapore, 2004
- Master of Science in Biological Sciences, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1996
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Philippine Normal University – Manila, Philippines, 1992
- Molecular cloning, recombinant protein expression and immunological characterization of allergens for diagnosis and immunotherapy of allergies
- Genetic marker identification using single nucleotide polymorphism analyses of allergy candidate genes
- Development of diagnostic kits for allergic diseases through monoclonal and polyclonal antibody production
- Immuno-pathological and genetic mechanisms of allergic diseases
- Screening of natural products as acaricides
- Molecular allergology diagnostics and therapeutics
- TWAS-NAST Prize for Young Scientist in the Philippines, The World Academy of Sciences and National Academy of Science and Technology (2010)
- Outstanding Young Scientist (in Molecular Biology/Immunology), National Academy of Science and Technology (2005)
- Winner, NAST- DuPont Far East, Inc. Talent Search for Young Scientists, National Academy of Science and Technology (2004)
- Member, Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Technical Committee for Biology and Molecular Biology (2015-2016)
- Board Member, Philippine Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (2016-2017)
- President, Philippine Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (2014-2015)
- Vice President, Philippine Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (2012-2013)
- Secretary, Philippine Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (2008-2011)
- Treasurer, Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (PCHRD) Scholars Society (2012-2013)
- Board Representative (Luzon), Outstanding Young Scientists, Incorporated (2007-2008)
- Board Member, Biology Teachers Association (BIOTA) Philippines (2007-2011)
- Sabit M, Ramos JDA, Alejandro GJ, and Gala C. Seasonal distribution of airborne pollen in Manila, Philippines, and the effect of meteorological factors to its daily concentrations. Aerobiologia 2015 (DOI 10.1007/s10453-015-9414-2).
- de Guia RM, Echavez MDJ, Gaw ELC, Gomez MRR, Lopez KAJ, Mendoza RCM , Rapsing JMC, Retreta DP, Tubog CMB, Ventolero MH, Yao CL, Ramos JDA. Multifactor-dimensionality reduction reveals interaction of important gene variants involved in allergy. International Journal of Immunogenetics 2015, 42 (3):182-9.
- Yap JM, Ching MW, Cabanilla CQ, Ramos JDA, Santos KC. Multiple house dust mite allergen-sensitization profiles in children with allergic asthma. Journal of Allergy and Therapy 2014, 5(3):1-6.
- Cabauatan CR, Lupinek C, Scheiblhofer S, Weiss R, Focke-Tejkl M, Bhalla PL, Singh MB, Knight PA, van Hage M, Ramos JD, Valenta R. Allergen microarray detects high prevalence of asymptomatic IgE sensitizations to tropical pollen-derived carbohydrates.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014 Mar;133(3):910-4.
- Pineda MRB, Ramos JDA. Comparative Immunomodulatory Activity of Ascaris Suum Eggs and Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus Extract in BALB/C Mice: Cytokine and Immunoglobulin Regulations. Journal of Allergy and Therapy 2012, 3:119, 2-9.
- Cabauatan RC, Ramos JDA. Immunoglobulin E-binding reactivities of natural pollen grain extracts from selected grass species in the Phils. Asia Pacific Allergy 2012, 2:136-143.
- De Guia R, Ramos JDA. The -590C/T IL4 single-nucleotide polymorphism as a genetic factor of atopic allergy. International Journal of Molecular Epidemiology and Genetics 2010, 1(1):67-73.
- Cheong N, Ramos JDA, Tang CY, Chng HK, Yao R, Liang Z, Lee BW, Chua KY. Mite amylase from Blomia tropicalis (Blo t 4): differential allergenicity linked to geographical regions. International Archives of Allergy and Immunology 2009, 149:25-32.