NONATO, Maribel G.
|September 18, 2016||Nonato receives 2016 Gregorio Zara award for basic science research|
|June 31, 2016||Nonato 134th top Philippine scientist in June 2016 Webometrics citation ranking|
- Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry, University of Wollongong – Australia, 1993
- Master of Science in Chemistry, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1986
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1978
- Chemical and Biological Potentials of the Genus Pandanus in the Philippines
- Bioassay-guided Isolation and structure elucidation of natural Products with biological activity particularly antimicrobial, antimycobacterial agents and anti-inflammatory from Philippine medicinal plants.
- 2006 National Research Council of the Philippines Achievement Award in Chemical Sciences
- Vice-Rector for Research and Innovation, University of Santo Tomas (2014-present)
- President, Natural Products Society of the Philippines (2014-present); Philippine Federation of Chemistry Societies (2008-2012); Organic Chemistry Teachers’ Association (2000-2015)
- Member, Commission on Higher Education Technical Committee in Chemistry
- Regular Member, National Research Council of the Philippines
- Editor, Acta Manilana. Official Refereed Journal of the Research Center for the Natural Sciences (June 1, 2000- May 31, 2007)
- Reviewer, Natural Products Communication, Pharm Bio. J, J. Nat. Prodt, Phytochem Letters, and Phil. Sci. Letters,
- Laluces, H. M. C., Nakayama, A., Nonato M. G., Dela Cruz, T. E. and Tan, M. A. (2015) “ Antimicrobial Alkaloids from the Leaves of Pandanus amaryllifolius” Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science Vol. 5 (10), pp. 151-153, October, 2015
- Tan, M. A., Ebrada, T. E. and Nonato, M. G. (2014) “ Diuretic Activity of Pandanus tectorius (Pandanaceae)”, Der Pharma Chemica, 6(6): 423-426.
- Bungihan, M. E., Tan, M.A., Takayama, H., Dela Cruz, T. E., and Nonato M. G. (2013) “ A New Macrolide from the Endophytic Fungus Colletotrichum sp.”, Philippine Science Letters, 6(1), 57-73.
- Tan MA, Nonato MG, Kogure N, Kitajima M, & Takayama H. (2012 February). “Secondary metabolites from Pandanus simplex ” Biochemical Systematics and Ecology 40:4–5.
- Bungihan ME, Tan MA, Kitajima M, Kogure N, Franzblau SG, dela Cruz TEE, Takayama H, & Nonato MG. (2011 July). “Bioactive metabolites of Diaporthe sp. P133, an endophytic fungus isolated from Pandanus amaryllifolius” Journal of Natural Medicines 65(3–4):606–9.
- Bungihan ME, Tan MA, Kogure N, Kitajima M, dela Cruz TEE, Takayama H, & Nonato MG. (2010). “A new isocoumarin compound from an endophytic fungus Guignardia sp. isolated from Pandanus amaryllifolius Roxb.” ACGC Chemical Research Communications 24:13–6.
- M. A. Tan, M. Kitajima, N. Kogure, M.G. Nonato and H. Takayama (2010) Isolation of Pandamarilactonine-H from the Roots of Pandanus amaryllifolius and Synthesis of epi-pandamarilactonine-H . Journal of Natural Products, 73:1453-1455.
- M. A. Tan, M. Kitajima, N. Kogure, M.G. Nonato and H. Takayama (2010) Isolation and total syntheses of two new alkaloids, dubiusamines-A, and -B, from Pandanus dubius, Tetrahedron, 66:3353-3359.
- M. A. Tan, M. Kitajima, N. Kogure, M.G. Nonato and H. Takayama (2010) New Pyrrolidine Alkaloids from the Roots of Pandanus amaryllifolius. Tetrahedron Letters 51: 4143-4146
- Nonato, Maribel, Garson, Mary J and Takayama, Hiromitsu. (2008) Chapter on Pandanus Alkaloids : Chemistry and Biology Vol 66 in the book series The Alkaloids: Chemistry and Biology, pp215-249, G.A. Cordell (Editor), Elsevier Publication.