MABINI, Marilyn C.
Prof. Marilyn C. Mabini, PhD
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
- ASEAN Engineer
- Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven – Belgium, 1991
- Master of Science in Industrial Management, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven – Belgium, 1988
- Master of Industrial Engineering, University of the Philippines – Diliman, Quezon City, 1983
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1978
- EOQ type formulations for controlling repairable inventories with deterministic demand and a fixed scrapping rate
- Mathematical model for determining optimal stock levels of multiple aircraft parts which are repairable: The model considers two levels of indenture and allows replacement of non-repairable items with new purchases.
- Mixed-integer nonlinear goal programming model for the faculty staffing problem covering selected departments of an academic institution: The model promises to be a useful decision support tool for academic administrators in their task of meeting higher education quality requirements, while satisfying institution-based concerns.
- 0-1 integer linear programming models for solving the academic timetabling problem in two stages: The first stage seeks to find the best faculty assignment to courses and sections where these courses are offered. The second stage finds an appropriate weekly schedule for the faculty-course-section assignment obtained in the first stage.
Operations Research Applications in
- Repairable item inventory management
- Academic planning
- Member and Examiner, Industrial Engineering Certification Board
- Associate Editor, The Philippine Engineering Education (official news magazine of The Philippine Association of Engineering Schools (PAES), Inc.)
- Mabini, M.C. Solving the faculty staffing problem by goal programming. 2013 Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering & Management Systems (APIEMS) Conference (refereed conference proceedings). http://www.apiems.org/conf2013/conf2013/
- Mabini, M.C. Determining optimal inventory levels of multiple repairable items. Acta Manilana 2012; 60: 27-34.
- Mabini, M.C. and Christer, A.H. Controlling Multi-Indenture Repairable Inventories of Multiple Aircraft Parts. Journal of the Operational Research Society 2002; 53(12): 1297-1307.