DELA CRUZ, Thomas Edison E.
|June 30, 2016||Dela Cruz 215th top Philippine scientist in June 2016 Webometrics citation ranking|
|September 3, 2015||Dela Cruz recognized as 2015 Metrobank Outstanding Teacher|
- Doctor of Natural Sciences, Technical University Braunschwela – Germany, 2006
- Master of Science, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1999
- Bachelor of Science, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1996
- Documenting Philippine fungal diversity and providing insights to the systematics and ecological patterns of fungi including lichens and slime molds
- Discovery of fungi with bioactive secondary metabolites and extracellular enzymes for bioremediation/biotechnological applications
- Development of photoguides and learning materials for kids for the promotion of science and biodiversity conservation awareness
- Fungal Systematics and Ecogenomics
- Fungal Natural Products/Enzymes
- Ethnomycology/Microbiology Education
- TWAS-ROESEAP Young Affiliate, 2015
- Metrobank Outstanding Teacher (Tertiary Level), 2015
- TWAS Prize for Young Scientist (Biology), 2014
- NAST Outstanding Young Scientist (Mycology), 2012
- Fellow — Global Young Academy (2015), Philippine Academy for Microbiology (2012), and Indian Mycological Society (2014)
- Recipient — UNESCO MAB Young Scientist Research Award (2014), TWAS-CAS Fellowship for Young Scholars (2013), Fulbright Advanced Science Research and Lecturing Fellowship (2011), ASM UNESCO Leadership Grant for International Educators (2011), and Martin-Baker Research Award (2009)
- Member — Asian Mycology Committee (2007-2015) and Department of Agriculture – Biotechnology Programme Technical Committee (2015-2017)
- Reviewer — FEMS Microbiology Letters, Fungal Biology, Sydowia, Botanica Marina, and Journal of Microbiology and Biology Education
- Delegate — World Science Forum (2015)
- Solis MJL, dela Cruz TE, Schnittler M, Unterseher M. 2016. “The diverse community of leaf-inhabiting fungal endophytes from Philippine natural forests reflects phylogenetic patterns of their host plant species Ficus benjamina, F. elastica and F. religiosa.” Mycoscience DOI:10.1016/j.myc.2015.10.002.
- Dagamac NHA, dela Cruz TEE. 2015. “Myxomycetes research in the Philippines: Updates and opportunities.” Mycosphere 6(6): 784–795.
- Rea-Maminta MAD, Dagamac NHA, Huyop FZ, Wahab RA, dela Cruz TEE. 2015. “Comparative diversity and heavy metal biosorption of myxomycetes (slime molds) from forest patches on ultramafic and volcanic soils.” Chemistry and Ecology 31 (8): 741-753.
- dela Cruz TEE. 2014. “Pick-up Lines: A fun way to facilitate learning microbiological concepts.” Journal of Microbiology and Biology Education 15(2): 299-300.
- Santiago KAA, Sangvichien E, Boonpragob K, dela Cruz TEE. 2013. “Secondary metabolic profiling and antibacterial activities of different species of Usnea collected in Northern Philippines.” Mycosphere 4(2): 267-280.