DELA CRUZ, Angelo R.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, University of the Philippines – Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines, 2014
- Master of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering, De La Salle University – Manila, Philippines, 2007
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering, Mapua Institute of Technology – Manila, Philippines, 2000
- DOST Funded Project – Development of Filipino Normative Gait Kinematic Database using 3D Motion Capture, Depth Sensor Camera, and Inertial Measuring Unit (IMU). Determination of significant kinematic gait parameters for post-stroke hemiplegic gait pattern using 3D Motion Capture, Depth Sensor Camera, and Inertial Measuring Unit (IMU)
- Development of novel source and transmission distortion models for real-time error resilient video transmission over wireless network
- Proposed an alternative algorithm using adaptive intra-refresh (AIR) technique for the standard H.264/AVC video encoder
- Joint optimization of source intra-refresh rate and channel code-rate to minimize end-to-end distortion
- Multimedia Signal Processing and Communications
- Joint Source-Channel Coding Techniques
- Cross-Layer Error Control Optimization
- Pattern Recognition and Intelligent Systems
- Department of Science and Technology (DOST) – Engineering Research and Development for Technology (ERDT) 3rd Congress 2014, Best Paper Award under Information and Communications Track
- International Conference on Humanoid, Nanotechnology, Communication and Control, Environment and Management (HNICEM 2015), Best Paper Award
- Chair – Department of Electronics Engineering, University of Santo Tomas – Faculty of Engineering
- Professional Member – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Signal Processing Society (SPS) and Communications Society (ComSoc)
- Professional Member – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Philippine Chapter, Institute of Electronics Engineers of the Philippines (IECEP)
- Associate Member – Division VII (Information and Communications Technology) – National Research Council of the Philippines
- ICT Chair (Division VII) – National Research Council of the Philippines
- Committee Chair – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers – Philippine Section (IEEE-PS)
- Reviewer — IEEE Region 10 Conference Committee (TENCON), IEEE Humanoid, Nanotechnology, Information Technology, Communication and Control, Environment and Management Conference Committee (HNICEM)
- A.R. dela Cruz, R.P. Vicerra, A.A. Bandala, E.P. Dadios, “Dynamic Rate Allocation Algorithm using Adaptive LMS End-to-End Distortion Estimation for Video Transmission over Error Prone Network”, Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol. 20, No.1, pp. 106-110, Jan 2016.
- A.R. dela Cruz, R.D. Cajote, “Low Complexity Adaptive Intra Refresh Rate for Real-Time Wireless Video Transmission”, Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association Annual Summit and Conference (APSIPA), DOI: 10.1109/APSIPA.2014.7041762, Dec 2014.
- A.R. dela Cruz, R.D. Cajote, “Error Resilient Joint Source-Channel Adaptive Intra-Refresh Rate for Wireless Video Transmission”, IEEE International Conference on Digital Signal Processing (DSP2014), DOI: 10.1109/ICDSP.2014.6900718, Aug 2014.
- A.R. dela Cruz, R.D. Cajote, “Joint Source-Channel Rate Allocation for Wireless Video Transmission Based on Distortion Estimation”, IEEE International Conference on Information Science and Applications (ICISA2014), DOI: 10.1109/ICISA.2014.6847418, May 2014..
- K.D. Bondal, J.S. Castellano, L.F. Esteban, C.V. Teodoro, A.R. dela Cruz, “Video Packet Loss Rate Prediction Over Delay-Prone Packet-Based Networks”, International Conference on Humanoid, Nanotechnology, Communication and Control, Environment and Management (HNICEM 2015), DOI: 10.1109/HNICEM.2015.7393257, Dec 2015.