DE VIANA, Augusto V.
Doctor of Philosophy in History (University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines)
Master of Arts in History (University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines)
Bachelor of Arts in Asian Studies (University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines)
Dr. de Viana has written at least six books on Philippine history, World War II and the history of the Marianas. He has authored a textbook for the Rizal Course and another textbook on Philippine History. As a co-author Dr. de Viana wrote 6 textbooks for Araling Panlipunan. He authored at more than thirty articles on history which appeared in the Sejarah Journal of the University of Malaya, the History Journal of the Charles Sturt University, New South Wales, Australia and the Jurnal Kaijian Wilaya of the Indonesian Academy of Sciences in addition to local journals like the Unitas and Philippiniana Sacra of the University of Santo Tomas
World War II
History of the Malay World
- Patnubay ng Sining Award (Granted by the City of Manila 2015)
- Chairperson, UST Department of History
- Resource Person, Japan Broadcasting System. The Role of President Elpidio Quirino in Philippine-Japanese Relations, Tokyo, Japan, 2016.
- Resource Person, Japan Broadcasting System. Liberation of Manila, Tokyo, Japan 2010.
- Resource Person, Japan Broadcasting System Makapili, Tokyo, Japan, 2005.
- Resource Person, War Stories with Oliver North. USA: National Broadcasting Company, New York, USA, 2005.
- Textbook Consultant, Diwa Learning Systems (2003-Present)
- Textbook Reviewer, Department of Education (2005-Present)
- Contributor, Unsurrendered I and II, Manila AV Spyron
Kulaboretor! The Issue of Political Collaboration During World War II Manila: UST Publishing House, 2003 and 2016 (revised edition)
Halo-Halo, Hardware and Others The Story of the Japanese Commercial Community of Manila (1900-1945) Manila: UST Publishing House, 2008.
In the Far Islands The Role of Natives of the Philippines in the Conquest, Colonization and Repopulation of the Mariana Islands (1668-1903) Manila: UST Publishing House, 2004.
Stories Rarely Told Quezon City: New Day Publishing, 2013.