DE CASTRO, Belinda D.V.
Prof. Belinda D.V. de Castro, PhD
- Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Management, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2011
- Master of Science in Mathematics Education, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2000
- Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1984
- Shadow Education
- Private tutoring
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Educational Management
- Curriculum and Instruction
- 2014 NRCP Achievement Award, National Research Council of the Philippines, March 11, 2015
- Board Member, Comparative Education Society of the Philippines (CESP)
- Regular Member, National Research Council of the Philippines (NRCP)
- Reviewer, Asia Pacific Education Review (Springer), The International Journal of Human Resource Management (Taylor & Francis), Journal of Educational Research and Reviews (Scienceweb Publishing), Education Research Journal (Taylor & Francis)
- Managing Editor, Asian Journal for Educational Research and Synergy, May 2009 to date
- Editorial Board Member, Asian Journal for Tourism and Hospitality Research, September 2007 to date
- Editor-in Chief, Antorcha, Colegio de San Juan de Letran, 2015 to date
- Associate Editor-in-Chief – Luz y Saber, Colegio de San Juan de Letran (2015-present)
DE CASTRO, B.V. & de Guzman, A.B. (2014). A Structural Equation Model of the Factors Affecting Filipino University students’ Shadow Education (SE) Satisfaction and Behavioral Intentions. Asia-Pacific Journal of Education, 34(4).
DE CASTRO, B.V. & de Guzman, A.B. (2013). Proliferation of shadow education institutions (SEI’s) in the Philippines: A time series analysis. The Asia-Pacific Education Researcher, 22(3).
DE CASTRO, B.V. & de Guzman, A.B. (2014). From scratch to notch: Understanding Private Tutoring metamorphosis in the Philippines from the perspective of cram and formal school administrators. Education and Urban Society, (2014), 46(3), 287–311.
DE CASTRO, B.V. & de Guzman, A.B. (2010). Push and pull factors affecting Filipino students’ Shadow Education (SE) participation. KEDI Journal of Educational Policy, 7(1), 43 – 66.
DE CASTRO, B.V. (2008). Cognitive Models: The Missing Link to Learning Fraction Multiplication and Division
Asia-Pacific Education Review, 9(2), 101-112.
DE CASTRO, B.V. (2004). Pre-service Teachers’ Mathematical Reasoning as an Imperative for Codified Conceptual Pedagogy in Algebra: A Case Study in Teacher Education. Asia Pacific Education Review, (2004), 5(2), 157 – 166.