BENJAMIN, Michael Francis D.
|September 23, 2015||Benjamin presents paper in National Climate Conference|
Asst. Prof. Michael Francis D. Benjamin, PhD
- Doctor of Philosophy in Chemical Engineering, De La Salle University – Manila, Philippines, 2015
- Master of Science in Chemical Engineering, De La Salle University – Manila, Philippines, 2005
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2001
- Developed a P-graph approach to optimize crisis operations in an industrial complex in order to minimize manufacturing losses.
- A criticality index for component plants to measure the relative impact of a plant’s failure within a bioenergy park using Input-Output (I-O) analysis.
- A multi-disruption risk index using an integrated I-O and Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP)-based method. This network risk index measures the bioenergy park’s robustness to an array of probabilistic plant disruption scenarios.
- A disruption resilience framework to analyze the recovery of disrupted component plants and determine the overall resilience of a bioenergy park using Dynamic Inoperability Input-Output Modeling (DIIM).
- Development of process systems engineering (PSE) methods for systematic risk analysis of integrated energy systems (i.e., biofuel and bioenergy networks)
- Particular focus on analyzing bioenergy parks which are industrial symbiosis (IS) networks.
- Member, Society for Risk Analysis (SRA); Philippine Institute of Chemical Engineers – Metro Manila Academe Chapter (PIChE – MMAC)
- Reviewer, Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy Journal (Springer); Resources, Conservation and Recycling Journal (Elsevier)
- Tan, R. R., Benjamin, M. F. D., Cayamanda, C. D., Aviso, K. B., and Razon, L. F. P-graph approach to optimizing crisis operations in an industrial complex. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. (in press, doi:10.1021/acs.iecr.5b03205).
- Benjamin, M. F. D., Ubando, A.T., Razon, L. F., and Tan, R. R. (2015). Analyzing the disruption resilience of microalgal multi-functional bioenergy systems using dynamic inoperability input-output modeling. Chemical Engineering Transactions, 45, 1579-1584.
- Benjamin, M. F. D., Ubando, A.T., Razon, L. F., and Tan, R. R. (2015). Analyzing the disruption resilience of bioenergy parks using dynamic inoperability input-output modeling. Environment, Systems and Decisions, 35(3), 351-362.
- Benjamin, M. F. D., Tan, R. R., and Razon, L. F. (2015). Probabilistic multi-disruption risk analysis in bioenergy parks via physical input-output modeling and analytic hierarchy process. Sustainable Production and Consumption, 1, 22-33.
- Benjamin, M. F. D., Tan, R. R., and Razon, L. F. (2015). A methodology for criticality analysis in integrated energy systems. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 17(4), 935-946.
- Benjamin, M. F. D., Tan, R. R., and Razon, L. F. (2014). A methodology for criticality analysis in symbiotic bioenergy parks. Energy Procedia, 61, 41-44.