BANAG, Cecilia I.
Asst. Prof. Cecilia I. Banag, Dr. rer. nat.
email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doctor of Natural Sciences, University of Bayreuth – Germany, 2014
- Master of Science, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2008
- Bachelor of Science, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2002
- Population Genetics of Philippine Endemic Plants
- Molecular Phylogenetics
- Plant Taxonomy
- Biodiversity and Conservation Biology
- Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Start-Up Research Grant 2016-2017.
- International Publication Award (2012-2014), University of Santo Tomas, Thomas Aquinas Research Complex Auditorium, 20 February 2016.
- Silver Series Award for Publication (2010-2012), University of Santo Tomas, Thomas Aquinas Research Complex Auditorium, 1 July 2014.
- Katholischer Akademischer Ausländer-Dienst (KAAD) Scholarship Program 2, Germany, October 2013-November 2014.
- NAGAO Natural Environment Foundation (NEF) Research Grant (488,000 JPY), Japan, January 2013-January 2015.
- CHED PhD Scholarship Program Commission on Higher Education (CHED) of the Philippines, June 2012-May 2014.
- Reviewer — Philippine Journal of Systematic Biology, Phytotaxa
- Banag, T. Thrippleton, G.J.D. Alejandro, B. Reineking and S. Liede-Schumann. 2015. “Bioclimatic niches of selected endemic Ixora species on the Philippines: predicting habitat suitability due to climate change”. Plant Ecology 216 (9): 1325–1340.
- C.I. Banag, D. Tandang, U. Meve and S. Liede-Schumann. 2015. “Two new endemic species of Ixora (Ixoroideae, Rubiaceae) from the Philippines”. Phytotaxa 202: 155–160.
- C.I. Banag, N.M.B. Manalastas and G.J.D. Alejandro. 2014. Synonymy and a New species of Philippine Ixora L. (Ixoreae, Rubiaceae). Nordic Journal of Botany 32: 761–764.
- G.J.D. Alejandro, F.L.E. Ortega, K.P. Guiab, D.X.V. Seares, K.J. Huenefeld, C.I. Banag, J.J.A. Obico and M.C. Ramos. 2011 (Printed July 2013). Comparative molecular analyses of Antherostele banahaensis (Elmer) Bremek. and A. callophylla Bremek. (Rubiaceae), with implications on their phylogenetic position and biochemical properties. Acta Manila 59: 39–48.
- G.J.D. Alejandro, I.C. Balete, J.F.C. Caagbay, J.M.B. Cruz, C.J.C. Narciso, D.E. Nazareno, C.I. Banag and M.M. Uy. 2011 (Printed July 2013). Polyphyly of Bikkia Reinw. (Rubiaceae) based on multilocus sequence analysis (ITS, rps16, trnL-F), with emphasis on the endemic Bikkia philippinensis Val. including its conservation status. Acta Manila 59: 49–55.
- C.I. Banag, A. Gatpo, L. De Castro, L. Liwag, A. Apepe. And G.J.D. Alejandro. 2011. Generic status of the endemic Atalantia linearis Merr. (Rutaceae) based on rps16 intron data (cpDNA), with a preliminary report on its phytochemical components. Philippine Journal of Systematic Biology 5: 49–59.
- G.J.D. Alejandro, C.G. Evangelista, C.I. Banag, L.K.M. Getuiza, E.T. Liberato, A.G. Punsalan, J.C. Rosales. 2008. Phylogenetic Positions of the Tuberous Rubiaceous epiphytes (Ant Plants) inferred from ITS1, 5.8s Gene and ITS2 region (nrDNA) sequence data. The Philippine BIOTA Journal 41: 41: 17–29.