BALDIA, Susana F.
Assoc. Prof. Susana F. Baldia, PhD
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doctor of Philosophy in Aquatic Environmental Science, Ehime University, 1992
- Master of Science in Biology, University of the Philippines – Diliman, Quezon City, 1984Bac
- Bachelor of Science in Zoology, Far Eastern University – Manila, Philippines, 1974
- Contribution to basic ecological information on the temporal variation of phytoplankton community structure in Lake Mojicap, San Pablo City, as well as in Paoay Lake, Ilocos Norte (Luzon Is., Philipines)
- Optimization of growth and lipid production in selected algal species such as Nitzschia palea and Botryococcus braunii for potential renewable feedstock of biofuel
- Identification and isolation of the colonial green algal species Botryococcus braunii during bloom occurrence in Paoay Lake
- Evaluation of microcystin production during algal bloom occurrence in Laguna de Bay, Philippines
- Demonstration of nitrogen and phosphorus utilization in the cyanobacteria Microcystis aeruginosa by using growth kinetic analysis
- Identification and evaluation by growth kinetics the physical and chemical factors that provided baseline information for the mass production of Spirulina platensis
- Evaluation of phytoplankton and zooplankton population in Laguna de Bay in relation to the European-Union project “Laguna de Bay, Philippines: an Ecosystem Approach for Sustainable Management”
- Demonstration on the efficiency of utilization of selected phytoplankton and zooplankton as feed for freshwater fish species such as silver, carp, bighead carp, and milkfish fry.
- Phytoplankton Ecophysiology
- Algal Biotechnology
- Utilization of plankton organisms in aquaculture
- Biodiversity of phytoplankton
- Silver Series Award. For exemplary performance in research for the AY 2012-2014. Given February 19, 2016, Buenaventura G. Paredes, O.P. Ballroom, Alumni Center, University of Santo Tomas.
- Gold Series Award. For exemplary performance in research for the AY 2010-2012. Given 2 July 2014, Thomas Aquinas Research Complex Auditorium, University of Santo Tomas.
- Araw Parangal ng Agham 2014. College of Science, 5 February 2015, Medicine Auditorium, University of Santo Tomas
- National Paper Award. Agriculture and Fisheries Modernization Act R&D Paper Award. 16th National Research Symposium, Bureau of Agricultural Research, Department of Agriculture, 5 October 2004, Diliman, Quezon City.
- President, Philippine Phycological Society, Inc. 2013-2015
- Reviewer, Journal of Applied Phycology
- Kenoses Legaspi, Annie Lau, Phil Jordan, Anson Mackay, Suzanne McGowan6, Gayle McGlynn, Susana Baldia, Rey Donne Papa, David Taylor. Establishing the impacts of freshwater aquaculture in tropical Asia: the potential role of paleolimnology. GEO: Geography and Environment (Open Acess). !SSN 2054-4049. 2015. John Wiley and Sons Ltd. and the Royal Geographical Society.
- Temporal Variation of phytoplankton community structure in Lake Mojicap, San Pblo City, Laguna, Philippines. Cordero, Cecilia S. and Baldia, Susana F. International Journal of Pure and Applied Bioresource, 3(2): 377-385. 2015. a
- Enhancement of some culture conditions for optimizing growth and lipid production in the diatom Nitzschia palea. Vitug, Lawrence Victor D. and Baldia, Susana F. Acta Manilana 2014 (62) : 25-34.
- Abundance and Distribution of the Green Alga Botryococcus braunii Kutzing (1849) in Paoay Lake, Ilocos Norte. Arguel, MK, Villaroman KMD, and Baldia S, In: Maria Lourdes C. Aralar, Adelaida C. Palma,Marlynn M. Mendoza, Pablo C. Ocampo, Eduardo V. Manalili, and Loureeda C. Darvin (eds.) LakeCon 2011: Building on the pillars of Integrated Lake Basin Management (Second National Congress on Philippine Lakes). Los Baños,Laguna: PCAARD-DOST,2013. 337 p.- (Summary of Proceedings No. 1/2013).