ALBANO, Dharmatov Rahula B.
Asst. Prof. Dharmatov Rahula B. Albano, PhD
- Doctor of Philosophy, The University of Hongkong – Hongkong, China, 2014
- Master of Science, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2004
- Bachelor of Science, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1998
- Novel selection of aptamers using piezoelectric quartz crystal sensor.
- Piezoelectric aptamer sensors for the detection of biomarkers of infectious diseases, such as SARS and malaria.
- Nano-magnetic beads enrichment and purification of proteins based on aptamers.
- Electronic noses useful in the monitoring the quality of economically important products, such as cacao and mango.
- Gas sensors for the detection of illegal preservatives such as sodium hypochlorite and formaldehyde.
- Biosensors/Chemical sensors
- Bioanalytical nanotechnology chemistry
- DNA aptamer biosensor
- Nano-magnetic beads
- Capillary electrophoresis
- Piezoelectric quartz crystal sensors
- Molecularly imprinted polymers
- Surfactants analyses, conducting polymers
- Electronic nose and gas sensors
- Electronic tongue
- 2009 National Capital Region Outstanding Research and Publication (Republica) Award for the Natural Sciences, Commission on Higher Education
- Reviewer —Sensors and Actuators B (Elsevier); Analytical Letters (Taylor and Francis)
- Igat, J.B.; Albano, D.B.; III, F.B. Sevilla, Electronic discrimination of mint plants based on quartz crystal microbalance sensors. Academic Research International 2013, 4, (2), 1-9.
- Li, X.; Xu, X.; Albano, D.R.; You, T., Optimization using central composite design for antihistamines separation by nonaqueous capillary electrophoresis with electrochemical and electrochemiluminescence detections. Analyst 2011.
- D.R. Albano, F. Sevilla III. “Piezoelectric quartz crystal sensor for surfactant based on molecularly imprinted polypyrrole”. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical Volume 121, Issue 1, 30 (2007)129-134
- D.B. Albano, B.S. Ebarvia, F. Sevilla, III “Liquid-phase Measurement with a Piezoelectric Quartz Crystal: Application to Sugar Solutions”. Acta Manilana 50 (2002) 1-7.
- D.B. Albano, F. Sevilla, III “Piezoelectric Quartz Crystal Sensor for Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate (SDS) Based on Molecularly Imprinted Polypyrrole” Proceedings AsiaSENSE 2003 (2003) 117-120.