AGUAS, Jove Jim S.
Prof. Jove Jim S. Aguas, PhD
- Doctor of Philosophy in Philosophy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1995
- Master of Arts in Philosophy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1991
- Licentiate in Philosophy, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 1987
- Person, Action and Love: The Philosophical Thoughts of Karol Wojtyla (John Paul II). Manila: University of Santo Tomas Publishing House. 2014.
- Intercultural and Inter-religious Dialogue
- Philosophy of Religion and Ethics
- Dangal ng UST, Gawad Santo Tomas – Best Professor in 2010
- Distinguished Faculty Award. UST Graduate School, 2014
- Dangal ng UST, Gawad Santo Tomas – Best Professor in 2014
- Dangal ng UST, Gawad San Alberto Magno as Best Researcher in the Humanities in 2015
- Past President, Philosophical Association of the Philippines (PAP), Inc., 1999-2012
- Board Member, Philosophical Association of the Philippines (PAP), Inc. 2012 – present
- Vice-Executive Governor, Philippine National Philosophical Research Society (PNPRS)
- Member, Asian Association of Christian Philosophers (AACP)
- Co-Editor, three volumes of the PAP Monographs: Selected Philosophical Papers Delivered at the PAP Conferences.
- Associate Editor, Philosophia: International Journal of Philosophy (ISI-listed philosophy journal)
- “The Notions of the Human Person and Human Dignity in Aquinas and Wojtyla.” Kritike: An Online Journal of Philosophy, vol. 3, No. 1 (2009) ISSN: 1908-7330.
- “Ethics and Moral Philosophy of Karol Wojtyla.” Kritike: An On-line Journal of Philosophy , vol. seven, number 1. (June, 2013) (pp115-137) ISSN 1908-7330.
- “Back to Nature and Moral-Spiritual Rediscovery: Lessons from Lao Tzu and St. Augustine on Human Conduct in Modern Society.” Kritike: An Online Journal of Philosophy, vol. 9, No. 1 (June, 2015), 96-107. ISSN: 1908-7330.
- “Respect for Human Dignity and Inter-religious Dialogue: Keys to World Peace.” The Role of Religious and Philosophical Traditions in Promoting World Peace: An Asian Perspective, (edited by Imtiyaz Yusuf. Singapore: Konrad Adenauer Stiftung, 2007), pp. 91-104.
- “Cultural Pluralism and Cultural Dialogue.” Overlapping Territories: Asian Voices on Culture and Civilization (ed. by Bambang Sugiharto & Roy Voragen. Newcastle upon Tyne, UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2011), pp. 105-118. ISBN (10): 1-4438-2999-4, ISBN (13): 978-1-4438-2999-1.
- Engaging Philosophical Traditions: Filipino Perspectives on Certain Philosophical Topics. A Selection of Papers Delivered at PAP Conferences. Vol. 2. Editor. Manila: Philosophical Association of the Philippines. 2007.
- Reflections on Some Contemporary Philosophical Issues. A Selection of Papers Delivered at PAP Conferences. Vol. 3. Editor. Manila: Philosophical Association of the Philippines. 2008.
- “Promoting Human Dignity in a Culture of Violence.” Philosophy, Culture and Traditions. Vol 3, 2005, p. 63.
- “Religious Pluralism and Freedom of Religion.” Journal of Dharma: International Quarterly of World Religions and Philosophies. Vol. 31, no. 1, Jan-Mar 2006
- “Preserving Asian Cultural Identities in the Face of Globalization.” Prajña Vihara: Journal of Philosophy and Religion, Vol. 7, No. 1 (Jan-Jun 2006) p. 123-150
- “The Incompatibility of God’s Existence and Human Freedom: Sartre’s Existential Atheism.” Philosophia: International Journal of Philosophy. Vol. 36, no. 1 Jan. 2007.
- “Cultural Pluralism and Cultural Dialogue.” Melintas 23, no. 3 (December 2008): 369-83.