ABOGADO, fr. Jannel N., O.P.
|February 9, 2017||Fr. Abogado elected AsPac Coordinator of Regents of Studies of the Order of Preachers|
Rev. Fr. Jannel N. Abogado, O.P., DTPS
- Doctor in Theology and Patristic Sciences (Magna cum Laude), Institutum Patristicum Augustinianum, Lateran University – Rome, Italy, 2013
- Master of Arts in Religious Studies (Magna cum Laude), University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2006
- Licentiate in Sacred Theology (Summa cum Laude), University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2006
- Bachelor of Sacred Theology, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy (Magna cum Laude), Philippine Dominican Center for Institutional Studies – Quezon City, Philippines, 1999
- Hilary of Poitiers
- Fourth Century Trinitarian Controversy
- History of Christian Thought
- Professor of Patrology and Dogma, Faculty of Sacred Theology, UST
- Member, Permanent Commission for the Promotion of Studies, Order of Preachers (2017-2023)
- Coordinator of Regents for the Asia-Pacific Region, Order of Preachers (2017-2023)
- Regent of Studies, Dominican Province of the Philippines (2016-2020)
- Chair, Commission on Intellectual Life, Dominican Province of the Philippines (2016-2020)
- Moderator, Dominican Center for Institutional Studies, Dominican Province of the Philippines (2016-2018)
- Member, Committee on Affiliation and Incorporation (June 2015 – November 2018)
- Member, Faculty Council, Faculty of Sacred Theology, UST (June 2014 – present)
- Director, Center for Religious Studies and Ethics, UST
- Regent, UST Junior High School
- Parish Treasurer, Santísimo Rosario Parish, University of Santo Tomas, Manila (February 5, 2015-present)
- Executive Secretary, Episcopal Office on Bioethics, Catholic Conference Bishops of Philippines (October 13, 2014-present)
- Pastoral Director, UST Central Seminary, (June 1, 2014-Present
- Spiritual Director, UST Central Seminary, (November 2006-June 2007)
- Substitute Pastor, St. Bartholomew Parish, Calayan Island, Cagayan (April-May 2006)
- “The Anti-Arian Theology of the Council of Nicea of 325” in Angelicum, forthcoming.
- “Manuel Piñon, OP’s Retrieval of the Biblical Significance of the Doctrine of Predestination” in Philippiniana Sacra XLXIV (May-Aug. 2016), 373-401.
- “Hilary of Poitiers making East and West Meet: The Conciliatory Theology of De Synodis,” in Philippiniana Sacra XLXII (Sept.-Oct. 2015), 437-472.
- “Persecution and Martyrdom in the Early Church. History, Motives and Theology,” in Philippiniana Sacra XLXI (May-Aug. 2015), 207-246.
- “Natural Family Planning, Contraception, and Abortion: A Critical Consideration of the RH Law,” in Philippiniana Sacra XLIX (Sept.-Dec. 2014), 303-328.
- “Kantian Morality as Respect,” in Philippiniana Sacra XLIV (Jan.-Apr. 2009), 61-80.
- “Theological Constants in Tommaso d’Aquino’s Theology of Justice,” co-authored with Ronald Cortel and Joel Sagut, in Philippiniana Sacra XLII (Jan.-Apr. 2008), 33-55.
- “The Cult of Saints among Filipino Catholics: A Study of Inculturation,” in Philippiniana Sacra XLI (Sept.-Dec. 2006), 499-541.
- “The Development of the Practice and the Doctrine of the Cult of Saints in the Catholic Tradition” in Colloquia Manilana (2006), 66-111.