SILVERIO, Angelito A.
SILVERIO, Angelito A.
Engr. Angelito A. Silverio, Ph.D. received his B.Sc in EcE degree from the University of Santo Tomas, M.Sc. EcE degree from the Ateneo de Manila University, and the Ph.D. in Microelectronics Engineering degree from Chung Yuan Christian University, Taiwan, ROC. He is currently a licensed Electronics Engineer and a faculty member of the Electronics Engineering Department. His research interests include CMOS Analog and Digital IC Design, Sensor Interfacing Design, Biomedical ICs, Bio-Impedance Studies, Renewable Energy, and Energy Harvesting Technologies. He has had several conference articles involving IC design specifically for sensor interfacing, which is the bulk of his doctoral research. He is also currently a member of the IEEE and a regular member of the IECEP and the SPVM. He previously was the president of the Filipino Students and Researchers in Taiwan (FiRST), which is based in his home university and a member of the Association of Filipino Scholars in Taiwan (AFST).
- Doctor of Philosophy, with specialization in Electronics Engineering (Chung Yuan Christian University – Taiwan, Republic of China)
- Master of Science in Electronics Engineering (Ateneo de Manila University – Quezon City, Philippines)
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering (University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines)
Fall Detection System with Physiological Signs Monitor
The target system consists of sensors: 3D accelerometer and 3D gyroscope for fall detection based on impact and free-fall phases, 3D accelerometer data for BCG measurements, optical-based sensors for PPG, and electrodes for heart rate variability detection via two-electrode ECG. It also consists of the corresponding readout circuits for interfacing as well as the extraction algorithms for obtaining valid fall logic, inactivity log, pre- and post-fall heart rate and heart rate variability and MAP.
- Microelectronic Systems and Application
- Biomedical Electronics
- CMOS Mixed Signal IC Design
- Wen-Yaw Chung, Salhi Heythem, Angelito A. Silverio, Vincent Tsai, Cheanyeh Cheng, Guan-Wei Wu, Syuan-kai Chang, Lin-Chen Yen, Chia Ming Yang, I-Wen Lo, Shu-Yu Chang . Point-of-Care Based System Development for Urolithiasis Recurrence Prevention, 2018 ECS Transactions , vol.85 , p.175-186
- Angelito. A. Silverio, Lean Angelo A. Silverio, and Angelina A. Silverio. An Ultra-Low Power CMOS-based Temperature Sensor for Implantable Systems, Sensors and Transducers Journal, Vol. 28, Special Issue 4-5, April – May, 2018
- Wen-Yaw Chung, Angelito A. Silverio, Vincent F.S. Tsai, Cheanyeh Cheng, Shu-Yu Chang, Ming-Ying Zhou, Si-Yuan Chen , Chi-Ying Kao, Dan Arcega Rustia, Yi-Wen Lo. Design of a Multi-Frequency Bio-Impedance Spectroscopy System Analog Front-End and Digital Back-End with System On-Chip Implementation, Microelectronics Journal. Volume 56, October 2016, Pages 142–155. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mejo.2016.08.011, ISSN: 0026-2692
- Wen-Yaw Chung, Angelito A. Silverio, Vincent F.S. Tsai, Cheanyeh Cheng, Shu-Yu Chang, Zhou Ming-Ying, Chi-Ying Kao, Si-Yuan Chen, Dorota G. Pijanowska, Dan Rustia, and Yi- Wen Lo. An implementation of an electronic tongue system based on a multi-sensor potentiometric readout circuit with embedded calibration and temperature compensation. Microelectronics Journal. Volume 57, November 2016, Pages 1–12. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mejo.2016.08.010 ISSN: 0026-2692
- Vincent F.S. Tsai, Angelito A. Silverio, Wen-Yaw Chung, Cheanyeh Cheng, Hai-Lung Wang, Chien-Min Kung, and Jun Chen. The potential of at-home prediction of the formation of urolithiasis by simple multi-frequency electrical conductivity of the urine and the comparison of its performance with urine ion-related indices, color and specific gravity. Journal of Urolithiasis 2015. Springerlink. ISSN: 2194-7228.