Ang Research Center for the Natural and Applied Sciences (RCNAS), Kolehiyo ng Agham, at Departamento ng Filipino ng Kolehiyo ng Edukasyon ng Unibersidad ng Santo Tomas ay nag-aanyaya sa lahat…
LAPITAN, Lorico Jr. D.S.
LAPITAN, Lorico Jr. D.S.
Academic Qualifications / Research Interests
- Doctor of Philosophyin Chemistry, University of Leeds – United Kingdom, 2018
- Master of Science in Chemistry (Cum Laude), University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, University of Santo Tomas – Manila, Philippines, 2007
- Biomass (sugarcane bagasse) valorization for smart hydrogel technologies
- Development of biosensors for detection of bacterial pathogens
- Advanced materials for antibacterial applications
- Electrochemical surface science (STM, AFM)
Courses Handled / Major Recognitions / Professional Activities
- 2020 Top Prize Winner, National Academy of Science and Technology – Talent Search for Young Scientist
- 2017 Clarkson Travel Bursary Grant Recipient, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
- 2014 International Research Scholarship Recipient, University of Leeds – United Kingdom
- 2014 Research Intern, Taiwan International Graduate Program-Summer Internship Program – Taiwan R.O.C.
- 2012 Research Intern, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science-Invitation Program for Young East Asian Researchers, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- 2010 Top Prize Winner, Department of Science and Technology Search for Outstanding Thesis and Dissertation Awards
- Chemistry Laboratory Supervisor, UST Faculty of Engineering
- Lapitan, Lorico, DS and Zhou, D (2020), A Simple magnetic Nanoparticle-Poly-Enzyme Nanobead Sandwich Assay for Direct, Ultrasensitive DNA Detection. In: Kumar, CV, (ed.) Nanoarchitectures Built with Carbon Nanotubes and Magnetic Nanoparticles. Methods in Enzymology, 630, Elsevier ISBN 9780128201435
- Lapitan, Lorico Jr. DS, Yihan Xu, Yuan Guo, and Dejian Zhou. “Combining magnetic nanoparticle capture and poly-enzyme nanobead amplification for ultrasensitive detection and discrimination of DNA single nucleotide polymorphisms.” Nanoscale, 11, no. 3 (2019): 1195-1204.
- Lapitan, Lorico Jr., Guo, Y., Zhou, D., (2015) Nano-enabled bioanalytical approaches to ultrasensitive detection of low abundance single nucleotide polymorphisms. Analyst, 140, 3872-3887.
- Choi, Sooseok, Lapitan, Lorico Jr. DS., Cheng, Yingying, Watanabe, Takayuki, (2014),Synthesis of Cobalt Boride Nanoparticles using RF Thermal Plasma, Advanced Powder Technology, 25, 365- 371.
- Garcia, Jonyl L., Lapitan, Lorico Jr. DS., Tongol, Bernard John, V., Yau, S.L., (2013), Adsorption and electropolymerization of 3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene (EDOT) on Pt(111) single crystal electrode as probed by electrochemical scanning tunneling microscopy. Acta Manilana, 61, 213-221, University of Santo Tomas, ISSN 0065-1370.
- Lapitan, Lorico Jr. DS., Tongol, B.J.V., Yau, S.-L., (2012) In situ Scanning Tunneling Microscopy imaging of electropolymerized poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) on an iodine- modified Au(111) single crystal electrode, Electrohimica Acta, 62, 433 – 440.