Binag, Christina A.
Ph.D. Chemistry (University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia)
B.Sc. Chemistry (University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines)
Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of Santo Tomas
Fulbright Research Fellow (Pennsylvania State University, 2006); Outstanding Young Scientist Award (National Academy of Science and Technology, 2001); Outstanding Research Publication (National Academy of Science and Technology, 2000); Postgraduate Fellowship for Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry (School of Chemistry, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia by Australian Agency for International Development , 1990-1995)
- Fabrication & Characterization of Conducting Composite Membrane Materials
- Studies of Conducting Polymers as Electrochemical Sensors
- Surface Characterizations Using X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS), Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (SIMS) and Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Synthesis of Functionalized Conducting Polymers for Chemical Sensor and Biosensor Applications
- Study on the Reduction-Oxidation Property of Conductive Polymers by Voltammetric Analysis
- Secretary, Division of Analytical Science - Kapisanang Kimika ng Pilipinas (1996-present)
- Vice President, Kapisanang Kimika ng Pilipinas (2008- present)
- Secretary, Kapisanang Kimika ng Pilipinas (2005- 2006)
- Auditor, Integrated Chemists of the Philippines (2007-present)
- Board Member, Integrated Chemists of the Philippines (2000-present)
- P.R.O., Philippine Federation of Chemical Societies (2000-2001)
- Board Member, Philippine Federation of Chemical Societies (2000-present)
- Editor-in-Chief, Philippines Chemical News (2000-2004)
- Member, Outstanding Young Scientists, Inc. (2001- present)
- Adviser, Philippine Association of Chemistry Students, Inc. (1998- present)
- Associate Member, Royal Australian Chemical Institute (RACI) (1990-1995)
J.A. Ching, C. A. Binag and G.J.D. Alejandro, “Uptake and Distribution of Heavy Metals in Arachis hypogaea L. (Peanut) Grown in Contaminated Soils”, The Phil. Agricultural Scientist (Philippines), 91, 2 (2008) 134-142.
K.M.R. Cui and C.A. Binag, “ Electrosynthesis of Polythiophene Nanowires on Fabriicated Anodic Alumina Oxide Templates”, Acta Manilana (Philippines), 55 (2007), 9-14.
B.S. Ebarvia, C.A. Binag and F.B. Sevilla III, “Biomimetic Piezoelectric Quartz Sensor for Caffeine Based on a Molecularly Imprinted Polymer”, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry (Germany), 378, 5 (2004), 1331-1337.
B.J. Tongol, C.A. Binag and F.Sevilla III, “Surface and Electrochemical Studies of Carbon Dioxide Probe Based on Conducting Polypyrrole”, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical (Netherlands), 93 (2003), 187 -196.
K.S. Santiago and C.A. Binag, “Miniature pH Sensor Based on Electropolymerized Polyaniline”, Kimika (Philippines), 17, 1 (2001) 19-25.
F.Sevilla and C.A. Binag, “The Teaching of Analytical Chemistry in the Philippines”, Kimika (Philippines), 17, 1 (2001) 27-33.
B.S. Ebarvia, C.A. Binag and F.B. Sevilla III, “Surface and Potentiometric Properties of a SO2 Sensor Based on a Hydrogel Coated pH-FET”, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical (Netherlands), 76 (2001), 642-650.
J.I. Jabon and C.A. Binag, "Electropolymerized Poly(3-methylthiophene)-Based Potentiometric Electrode: An Alternative pH Sensor", Kimika (Philippines), 16, 1 (2000), 1-5.
C.A. Binag, A.J. Bartolome, B.J. Tongol and K.S. Santiago, “Electrochemically Synthesized Polymer-Based pH Sensors”, J. Philippine Science (Philippines), 128, 3 (1999), 215-221.
B.J.V. Tongol, C.A. Binag, B. Gong and R.N. Lamb, "Surface and Electrochemical Characteristics of Poly(o-phenylenediamine-Based pH Sensor", Kimika (Philippines), 15,1 (1999), 27-33.
A.J. Bartolome, C.A. Binag and F. Sevilla, "Triacylglycerol Biosensor Based on Conducting Polypyrrole", Kimika (Philippines), 14, 2 (1998), 53-59.
C. Aquino-Binag, P. Pigram, N. Kumar and R. Lamb, “Fabrication and Characterization of a Hydroquinone-Functionalized Polypyrrole Thin Film pH Sensor”, Chemistry of Materials (USA) 8 (1996), 2579-2585.
C. Aquino-Binag, N. Kumar and P. Pigram, “An Improved Synthesis of 3-(2,5-Dimethoxybenzyl)pyrrole”, Organic Preparations and Procedures International, 27 (1995), 700-703.
C. Aquino-Binag, P. Pigram, R. Lamb and P. Alexander, “Surface Studies of Quinhydrone pH Sensors”, Analytica Chimica Acta, 291 (1994), 65-73.