A laboratory school for the training and formation of future good efficient Catholic teachers.
Asst. Prof. Marishirl P. Tropicales Principal
Rev. Fr. Romulo V. Rodriguez, O.P. Regent
Office Location: 4th Floor, Rm. 410, Albertus Magnus Bldg.
The University of Santo Tomas, A Dominican institution of higher learning, the Catholic University of the Philippines, conscious of its destiny of having shared from the dawn of its history in the mission of the Church to spread Christ's message, under the inspiration and patronage of its model, St. Tomas Aquinas, affirms and avows its commitment to the cause of truth; to impart and promote to its community knowledge of the arts and the sciences, both sacred and civil, spurred by enlightened reason for the purpose of contributing its share in the formation of a progressive and humane society and a responsible citizenry, in the service of the Church, the country and the whole world.
The University of Santo Tomas envisions itself in the next five years to be a truly educative and evangelizing Christian community, dedicated to teaching, research and community service with a faculty and stud entry enjoying global acceptability and a tradition of excellence, in the service of the Church and society, even as it opens up and reaches out to the Asia-Pacific rim and the rest of the world. To actualize the vision, the University commits itself, in the next five years, to:
- A program of human resource development which includes selective recruitment and retention as well as continuous upgrading;
- Upgrading educational methods and promoting quality instruction through sustained scholarship;
- Continuing support of creative endeavors and research in the fields of the Sciences and Humanities as well as dissemination of their results;
- Rendering community service that contributes to the general improvement of the quality of life with a preferential option for the poor;
- An active involvement in significant national and international issues with a view to promoting truth, justice and love;
- The preservation, enrichment and propagation of the Filipino culture with a sense of tradition as well as an openness to other cultures;
- The establishment of dynamic institutional and intercultural linkages through networking facilitated by modern technology; and,
- The development of potential leaders of society who are at the same time witnesses to the Faith.
On the whole, to provide an atmosphere conducive to personal and professional growth, ready to seek out and commit resources to carry out its objectives.
The primary objective of the establishment of the Education High which is independent from the UST High School is to serve as a laboratory school for the training and formation of future good efficient Catholic teachers. At the same time however, it extends opportunities to the bright but financially handicapped youth, by the minimal fees charged to its students. The students enjoy hospital and clinic privileges (medical and dental, physical education and home economics facilities, guidance and counseling services, extensive library and modern facilities, on top of everything, the students are given quality secondary Catholic Education in preparation for higher studies in the University.
The Education High School is staffed by eight supervising teachers who are all experts in their lines of specialization and four regular teachers to enable students to enjoy the best available instruction.