To provide an ideal platform to bridge research, education and industry to individuals within TH&E (tourism, hospitality and events) including researchers and educators, postgraduate and advanced undergraduate students and industry professionals, the International
Centre of Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education (THE-ICE) is set to hold the 2019 International Panel of Experts (IPOE) Forum on October 14 – 17, 2019 at The Bayleaf, Intramuros, Manila, Philippines. Member institutions Lyceum of the Philippines University (LPU) and University of Santo Tomas (UST) are co-hosting the event.
Anchored on the theme, “A Quantum Leap in Excellence – Education Without Borders,” this conference focuses on strategic updates and issues surrounding the Tourism and Hospitality education, accreditation, benchmarking and development of best practices. Leading experts from here and abroad are invited to share their knowledge and experiences along the following sub-themes:
- The Globalization of Teaching and Learning
- Leadership & Human Capital – How are innovations in teaching & learning being used to deliver education without borders
- In Search of the Perfect Curriculum – Balancing the need for high-tech and high-touch
- Getting to the Heart of the Matter – Exploring ways for increasing humanism within education and service industries; and
- Education, Intercultural Understanding & Excellence – Is education opening minds, building bridges & making things better?
This 4-day conference features interactive and dynamic panel sessions, roundtable discussions, research presentations and social events to be held in the LPU Manila and UST campuses.
The annual IPOE forum provides opportunities for global industry and academic experts to present their views, and for members and non-members to network and develop collaborative synergy. This is open to the global network as well as other interested individuals or organizations in the TH&E (tourism, hospitality and events) fields.