Department of Nutrition and Dietetics
Latest News and Events
Curriculum Effective A.Y. 2006-2007
This four-year program equips students with relevant competencies in three areas of nutrition: Hospital Nutrition, Community (Public Health) Nutrition, and Food Service, integrating not only academic and clinical knowledge and skills but also the development of proper values and attitudes in the exercise of the profession.
- Provide relevant theoretical practical knowledge of food and nutrition necessary for planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating programs for various fields of nutrition and dietetics;
- Ensure adequate and responsive immersion of students to different nutrition practicum sites;
- Deepen students’ understanding of the discipline through constant exposure to recent trends and developments in the field;
- Develop sound human and Christian values and attitudes necessary in addressing the health and nutrition needs of various sectors of the society; and
- Coordinate and establish linkages with local and international groups and communities for exchange of expertise and resources, research outputs and best practices geared toward the upliftment of the nutritional status of the Filipino people.
|Manager/Supervisor in agencies||Consultant||Clinician|
The Nutrition Clinic aims to provide nutritional assessment and other related nutrition services (nutrition counseling, individualized nutrition care plan, and lectures). It takes an active part in improving the quality of life of its clients- the university students, faculty members, staff, personnel and its partner communities.
All of the services are provided by competent Registered Nutritionist-Dietitians, with different areas of expertise in the field.
- To provide basic nutritional assessment to the Thomasian community
- To provide nutrition education and counseling to groups or individuals that may need dietary modifications and/or lifestyle changes that may help improve their quality of life.
All services can be availed by Thomasian students, faculty members, staff, and personnel.
- Nutritional Assessment
- Individualized diet plan for specific conditions, such as: a) weight management; b) diabetes; c) hypertension; d) cancer; and e) athletic performance
- Nutrition Lecture (inside and outside the university)
Setting an Appointment
Contact the Coordinator of the Nutrition Clinic, Ms. Diane Mendoza, via Tel. No. +63-2-406-1611 local 8476.
Administration and Faculty Members
Ms. Ailyn Mae K. del Rio, MS, Chair
CRUZADA, Kathleen N. (Instructor 4)
DEL RIO, Ailyn Mae K. (Instructor 3)
MENDOZA, Diane S. (Assistant Professor 1)
SEBASTIAN, FIDEL MAR G. (Instructor 1)
SIBUG, Eleanor O. (Associate Professor 1)