Latest News and Events
Who We Are
The University of Santo Tomas Publishing House (USTPH) was established in 1996 through the merger of the Santo Tomas University Press (STUP) and the UST Printing Office (USTPO). The Publishing House evolved from the UST Press, which was founded in 1593 by Fr. Francisco de San Jose, O.P. As such, it is the oldest continuing press in the world today, next to Cambridge University in England.
As an academic publishing house, the USTPH has released numerous literary and scholarly titles, as well as textbooks.
It has won the highly-coveted honor of “Publisher of the Year” from the Manila Critics Circle (MCC) twice in a row, 2003 and 2004. In 2008, the MMC entered into an agreement with the National Book Development Board (NBDB) to institutionalize the National Book Awards. The USTPH was named Publisher of the Year by the MCC/NBDB in 2012.
It is a member in good standing of the Philippine Association of Scholarly and Academic Publishers, Inc. (PASAP), the Book Development Association of the Philippines (BDAP), and the Filipinas Copyright Licensing Society, Inc. (FILCOLS).
The USTPH maintains its own bookstore inside the campus, distributes its titles through major bookstores, and participates in all major book fairs in the country.
- Publication of scholarly references
- Publication of literary titles
- Participation in regional, national and international book fairs
- Collaborating with prominent organizations in the publication industry— including the National Book Development Board (NBDB), Filipinas Copyright Licensing Society, Inc. (FILCOLS), Book Development Association of the Philippines (BDAP), and the Academic Booksellers Association of the Philippines (ABAP)—in their efforts to establish an active network among academic publishers in the Asia-Pacific region
- Sale of all materials published at the UST Publishing House Bookstore
- Sale of all materials published via online facility
The USTPH envisions itself as a modern, professional academic publishing house and the publisher of choice of the country’s top scholars and creative writers.
The USTPH’s specific role is the generation and dissemination of knowledge through the publication of outstanding works of scholarly and artistic literary value.
Administration and Staff
Office Hours: Monday to Friday (excl. national, local, and University holidays) | 8 a.m. – 12 n.n.; 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Address: G/F Beato Angelico Bldg., University of Santo Tomas Campus, España Blvd., Sampaloc, Manila 1008
Telephone: +63-2-84061611 loc. 8252 / 8424 | +63-2-87313522 (Telefax)
Store Hours: Monday to Friday (excl. national, local, and University holidays) | 8 a.m. – 12 n.n.; 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Address: G/F Main Bldg., University of Santo Tomas Campus, España Blvd., Sampaloc, Manila 1008
Telephone: +63-2-84061611 loc. 8278